Monday, July 18, 2011

train party


We had Seth's 2-year birthday party this past weekend. He is obsessed with trains, so we of course had a train party. I attempted this cake that I found on Family Fun's website. Let's just say, I think I'll keep my creative finger in scrapbooking and not cake decorating . . . this took me forever and I stink at getting the frosting smooth. It still resembled a train though and that was the point, right?


I was originally drawn to this cake because of the popcorn "steam." So easy!


This little man is such a delight! 




The kids were more interested in eating the candy off the trains than in the actual cake itself!


Happy 2nd birthday Seth!

*Note to my scrappy friends . . . I've got some layouts in the works to share soon . . . I took a whole month off of scrapbooking!



3 comments:

Cravinchoc said...

Adorable! I love the last picture of Seth! That's a 8x10 for sure...look at those eyes! I know, I know...he has frosting on his face...but that's also what makes it so sweet. Happy Birthday Seth!

Donna Jannuzzi said...

Happy birthday to your little guy! He is a cutie. =)

I think the cake looks great, truly. It is very cute and I think you did an awesome job.

5Bazocs said...

Brenda you did a great job on the cake and those pictures are amazing! Happy Birthday Sweet Seth!