Friday, January 22, 2010

easy tomato soup

It has been raining for what feels like forever here . . . and it is cold. The only thing I like about the cold is that I feel the need to make soup. Here is a very easy recipe when you need something warm fast!


2 cups Tomato Juice (I use Campbell's Organic)
.5 cup plain yogurt (I use my homeade yogurt that is completely lactose free)
1 tsp butter
.25 tsp salt
1 Tbsp honey
2 tsp basil (or a bay leaf if you like them)
a dash or two of black pepper

Whisk all your ingredients together in a saucepan and heat slowly, stirring occasionally. I usually double or triple the recipe so I can eat on it for a few days.

This is so much better for you than canned tomato soup with all the additives--and it tastes better too!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: