Thursday, March 6, 2014

frozen birthday party!


When my soon-to-be eight-year-old declared she would like a Frozen Party, I scoured Pinterest for ideas--there are almost too many to choose from! The Happy Birthday sign was purchased HERE. I tacked up white lights and covered with cello wrapping paper and draped some pink tulle over the top and sides.

My fabulous mom made the "Anna" dress for Faith. We pieced together a couple of random patterns and picked out the colors of her dress. She was thrilled! I drew and colored OLAF out of tagboard and we found some sticks in our yard. Isn't he cute?


For a simple centerpiece, I grabbed some sticks and spray painted them white. Did you know you can purchase cheap white spray paint at Wal-mart for $0.97? I then added some spray adhesive and some thick clear glitter that I had on hand--though it's hard to see in this picture. It was really pretty in person. I already had the blue glass beads--purchased long ago at the Dollar store.

We aren't coffee drinkers, but I happened to have a ton of coffee filters on hand that I had used for a previous craft. Instant snowflakes! I used clear thread and scotch tape to put them up.

This cake was relatively easy to make. I bought a blue-raspberry box mix and a pink lemonade box mix and made two separate 9-inch cakes. I froze them until the day of the party. 

 I found this cake HERE. I used her frosting recipe which my frozen cake kept cool during the party. I used her blue ice candy recipe and didn't have great success because I didn't have a candy thermometer. I then purchased a candy thermometer and followed the candy directions on the box and was successful. I love the icy look!

The only healthy part of my table was the Olaf parts. Carrots, stick pretzels, raisins and ranch dip. We also had blue Jello cubes, blue and pink jelly beans and mini-chocolates with Frozen wrappers.

Water bottle wrappers purchased HERE.

I had no idea these were so easy to make. Insert straw, dip in water and then dip in sprinkles. 

These candy wrappers were a part of the download I purchased HERE for $1.99.

As the girls arrived, they made "Frozen" bracelets from Oriental Trading. They weren't really "Frozen" bracelets, but they had snowmen and snowflakes and the girls loved them.

This game was a HIT! I split the girls into two teams. Each team was given a full roll of toilet paper, gloves, a hat, a scarf, a long carrot for the nose, and three pieces of coal cut out of black construction paper--with scotch tape on the back. Whichever team could use the entire roll of toilet paper first and decorate their snowman was the winner. SO FUN! The carrot "nose" went in the mouth which they all found to be hilarious!

We played the game "Minute-to-Win-it" with mini marshmallows and straws. Each girl bent her straw in half and had to pick up marshmallows ONE AT A TIME and put in their empty bowl. Whichever girl had the most marshmallows in one minute was the winner. We did this in pairs until all the girls had participated. The two girls with the highest scores had a play off round in the end.

About to blow out the candle!

We made "Olaf Parts" treat bags to send home with the girls. Pretzel sticks, candy corn, mini-marshmallows and chocolate chips. The treat bag toppers are from the same $1.99 download.

Such a fun and memorable birthday party . . . now if only I could get the song, "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?" out of my head!



No comments: