Tuesday, April 5, 2011

heritage designer's challenge week 12

It's the last week of the heritage challenge that I've been hosting over at Green Tangerines. There have been some fabulous layouts that people have brought into the store. For my final week, I left the topic open ended a bit. I challenged the gals to document a special moment.

Is there a wedding you’d like to highlight? The birth of someone special into your family? Did your grandfather come home from war a hero? Were you the first in your family to graduate from college? Did you start a business that grew into a big success? Just a few questions to get you thinking . . . 




This is my great-grandparents wedding picture and marriage certificate from 1904. Can I just say how much I love PSE? I recently switched to a MAC computer, so I had to buy the latest version of PSE, 9.0. It's healing tool is even better! (I had 7.0 on my PC) Now you don't even have to ALT-click on the spot you want to copy/heal, it just knows what to do! Hard to explain, but you'll just have to trust me, it's awesome! I was able to fix this photo up in a jiffy!


I hope you've enjoyed my tour down memory lane for the past 12 weeks. There are more heritage layouts in my future, but I am going to take a little break. Getting the stories accurate and matching up the pictures is a lot of work--but fun! 


Stay tuned for a little giveaway on the ol' blog . . . heritage in flavor . . . hopefully sometime this week! Have a great day!

No comments: