Wednesday, August 25, 2010

lime-marinated chicken with salsa

I found this recipe in the book, Flat Belly Diet. I can't say I have a flat belly yet, but this recipe sure was good! I altered it by leaving out the onion and the jalapenos. I served it over brown rice. Yum!

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
3 Tbls lime juice (about 3 limes)
2 Tbls olive oil
1.25 tsp ground cumin
.25 tsp kosher salt
3 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 c chopped avocado
.5 c chopped fresh cilantro

1. Put chicken into a ziploc bag.
2. In a small bowl, combine lime juice, oil, cumin and salt. Transfer 2 Tbls of the marinade to a medium glass bowl. Pour the remaining marinade into the chicken bag. Seal and turn to coat--chill for AT LEAST an hour.
3. Meanwhile, add the tomatoes, avocado and cilantro to the bowl with the lime marinade. Toss gently to mix. Cover the bowl with wrap and chill.
4. When you are ready to eat, grill the chicken and serve over a bed of rice or fresh greens. Pour salsa mixture from bowl all over your chicken. Enjoy!

1 comment:

luvjezuz said...

I love their hair like that! It's so cute! And you're right, Faith's hair is SO LONG. WOW.

Love the recipe. I'm always looking for new ways to prepare chicken breasts, since we eat them so much!

Love ya