Friday, August 26, 2011

sneak week at green tangerines

It's SNEAK WEEK over at Green Tangerines Kit Club. The full kit will be unveiled next week on the blog. Here is my first layout to share from a recent bowling trip:



Do you own a Cricut or die-cutting machine? I do not. I've never thought I'd have much use for one . . . but occasionally I could see myself using one . . . like for this layout in which I wanted to make bowling pins. Here is how I did it instead . . . I googled "bowling pin clip art" and found an image I liked. I copied it, pasted it in Microsoft Word, and resized the image to my desired size. I printed it out, cut it out and traced it onto my yellow paper. Yipee, I had a bowling pin!

Next, I used several parentheses from my letter sticker sheet (6 to be exact) and laid them over the pin to make the strips. I then cut off the excess. Super simple and cute bowling pins--and I didn't need a Cricut! Yes, it would have been nice to have one, but I improvised!

Have a wonderful weekend!


No comments: