Friday, January 21, 2011

heritage designer's challenge

I am hosting a Heritage Designer's Challenge with Green Tangerines Scrapbook Store for the next 12 weeks. If you are local and want to participate with the product we give you each week, go here for all the details. If you are not local, but would love participating in the challenge, please do!

Each week I'll give you a topic to document with a few questions to get you started. I'd love to see your layouts! Post a link to your blog on my next week's heritage post.

This week, it's all about heirlooms.


My grandmother died a little over a year ago at the age of 92. Nine months before she died, she shared with me the story of this doll that her father gave to her for Christmas in 1926--it was the last present he gave her, as he died three months later. If you'd like to read the journaling, just double click on the image. I took this photo in my backyard on an overcast day (we've had a lot of those lately). I draped a sheet over a chair because I wanted the sole focus to be on the doll--no distractions. I kept my layout simple so that the story and doll could shine.

What heirloom have you been wanting to take the time to document? What are the details surrounding how you acquired this heirloom? What do you remember most about the person who passed this heirloom down to you?

Check back each week for another heritage layout. I'd love to see your heritage layouts! Feel free to link to your blog in the comments of the post.

Happy Friday!

No comments: