Tuesday, May 18, 2010

my mind's eye challenge #11


My Mind's Eye has a challenge each month and I thought I'd play along again. There was no particular theme this time, just anything goes and we were to use the sketch below. I tweaked it a bit . . .




All the products are from MME with the exception of the tiny letter stickers which are from Making Memories. The words on the orange circles are cut from patterned paper from MME that is completely covered in boy words. Love that line! (Star Bright That's My Boy). You still have time to join in the fun . . . the challenge ends tomorrow at midnight (MST).

And now for totally non-scrapbooking related stuff . . . We recently changed churches. We switched for a variety of reasons . . . closer to our house, our kids LOVE the children's ministry, snacks and social time after the service (our kids love this too!) and we love the Bible teaching here. We love our old church too and the majority of my friends go there, this is just a better fit for us in our lifestage right now. They too, have a homeschooling group which I checked out last night for the first time. Each month the moms meet to encourage each other and talk homeschooling stuff. Last night was the last meeting of the school year and they had a "social." They played Bunco. I had never played Bunco before and I won! I got a $25 gift card to a local restaurant. Yeah for future date night! Anyway, I had a really great time and met some other gals that were also newer to homeschooling. I came away very encouraged.

Hope you are having a fabulous week!

4 comments:

Samantha Taylor said...

What a great take on the sketch. Those photos are too sweet!

Sonia said...

Wow I love the colours you've used! The photos are gorgeous!

Robbie said...

Adorable!! Love the bright fun papers and your journaling is fabulous! Love the mixed lettering! Great work with the challenge!

Amber said...

Love it! What a great entry, Brenda!