Monday, March 15, 2010

family fun

One of the hardest things for me to deal with when I am sick for a long period of time is that I feel like I miss out on a lot of the fun. Tim is so great about providing time for me to take naps, rest, scrapbook, etc. so that my body can get out of the flare. While I am in resting, he is Disneyland dad; he takes them on all kinds of creative adventures. Today I was feeling well enough that I wanted to go have some fun! Our city had a small fair that came to town for the weekend just down the road from us. This is what we did yesterday for a couple of hours . . . and then I came home and took a nap!


The spin ride . . . this is the only shot I got where it looks like they are having fun. The rest of the pictures on this ride they look bored!


10 balls for $2.00. Wow, what a rip-off. The girls both got one ball in the white cups, which just gets you another free ball . . . no prize here today.


The race car season starts up again in two weeks at the local Speedway. My husband loves to go watch on Saturday nights after the kids are in bed. They had a car here advertising opening night. Here he is teaching the kids a thing or two.


Faith really wanted to go on the Ferris Wheel. And then Paige decided if her little sister was going to do it, she'd better go too. I planned on taking both girls at the same time . . . plenty of room. But of course the operator said, "Only two." So, I had to ride this thing twice and pay for it twice. It cost me $15 to take the girls on this ride. Ouch!


I'll have to admit, I was a little scared when we stopped at the top while other people were getting on. We could see everything . . . but it was so high! I was worried my girls might be scared, but of course they loved being able to see EVERYTHING for miles around us!


I just love the expression on Paige's face. I love being a mommy!


We had 3 tickets left and Faith really wanted to ride the rollercoaster. Paige had no desire to ride it (saved us $3) and Faith happily boarded by herself. As you can see, the girl in front of her was having a really good time. Faith said it was really fun, but didn't express that feeling while on the ride. Maybe next time.


This little guy got a FREE ride the entire time at the fair.


Best buddies.

We had a fun outing as a family and perfect weather. They are already talking about when they can go to a fair again. We came home for a break and then Tim took all three kids to a birthday party while I stayed home and rested. It was a good day.

No comments: