Friday, February 24, 2012

tim's dad

My Father-in-Law passed away this morning. I wanted to share the last picture I took of him with our kids over Christmas. He had a really bad headache at the time that I snapped this picture. Little did we know that it would lead to a hospital stay a week later and then 24-hour nursing care at home. I am so glad that I had a chance to snap this picture.


Gene was an amazing man who left a legacy of 12 children behind him (Tim is #12), a wife of 61 years and a Christian Camp he started 31 years ago that changes the lives of thousands every summer. We are so blessed to have had him a part of our lives and we will greatly miss him. He was 84 years old.

2 comments:

Alisha said...

What an incredible legacy. I'm sorry for your loss.

5Bazocs said...

I am touched by Gene's life, legacy and his journey this past couple of months. Praying for you all... love you Heather