Thursday, January 19, 2012

cashew date balls

Want a sweet treat with little guilt? These are good for you and taste great too! And are so easy to make in a jiffy!


.75 c. raw cashews
1.5 c. pitted dates
2 tsp. vanilla
4 Tbls. natural peanut butter
1 Tbls. agave nectar (or honey)
1 Tbls. pure maple syrup (no Aunt Jemima here)
.5 c. unsweetened shredded coconut

Blend well in your food processor. Shape into 1 inch balls (I use my small melon ball scooper). They come out a little sticky, so I roll them in unsweetened coconut and they are perfect. I like to store mine in the freezer and eat them cold. They are not too hard to eat right away. You could store them in the refrigerator as well. They are only 75 calories each--a great snack when you need a little pick me up! Hope you like them!

2 comments:

CS said...

that looks yummy!! i wonder how'd it be with date syrup instead of maple syrup?

Brenda Johnston said...

I think it would be great! I have never heard of date syrup. I'll have to look for that!