Friday, July 16, 2010

albums

What is your favorite scrapbook album? I am in love with We R Memory Keepers 12x12 3-ring albums. I made the switch from post-bound albums a few years back and haven't regretted it! We are currently in the midst of moving them to a new location in our house. Right now they are housed in my linen closet and we forget about them because they are behind a closed door. My girls LOVE looking at their albums, so I wanted to get them out in the open so they could actually be enjoyed . . . stay tuned for that . . . hopefully I'll have a picture of their new home within a couple of weeks!

For now I thought I'd show you how I label them. I'm a nerd like that . . . I love to see how other people organize their stuff, so I thought I'd show you how I organize my albums.

The black albums are my family albums. I have other albums in different colors that are for each child--they are personality pages or layouts only related to them--I don't duplicate the family albums for them! I'll show you those another time. I came up with a little template in PSE where I put the volume number, family and the dates--and of course a family picture during that time.

On the inside of each album I have a title page . . . I've fallen behind on the title page since I don't make one until the book is filled up. Then I pick out a few favorite pictures from that time period and throw a quick page together. Since I'm trying to catch up with the title pages, I am making them SIMPLE, like the one above. I love that the Collage Press patterned paper has the time and months printed out subtly on it, kinda fun.

We are off to camp again with some friends this weekend. It is smoking hot here, so I am kind of dreading it. Hopefuly we'll survive! Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Laura T. said...

I love your album spine. So I guess you scrapbook chronologically? I want to switch to the albums you are using ... do you know if they make 8 1/2 x 11 page protectors too? I like to switch back and forth with my layout sizes within albums.

Brenda Johnston said...

Yes, they do make 8 1/2x11 page protectors (I have some) and they fit in the 12x12 albums. And yes, I scrap chronologically . . . it's the way my brain works. : ) I don't necessarily produce them in order (sometimes I like to scrap the vacation we just went on), but the pages go into the albums chronologically.

Laura T. said...

Brenda ... getting back to these albums ... just want to make sure the page protectors don't go behind the album (stick out of the side of the album). Can you get back to me at latbaskets@embarqmail.com.