Tuesday, January 5, 2010

jillibean soup

This past fall I was chosen along with 11 other fabulous gals to be a guest designer for Jillibean Soup. I rarely take the time to send my stuff in and was shocked and excited to be chosen. I just love this company's products! Thanks for the opportunity, Jillibean! You can see these same projects on the Jillibean blog today. Check out the other designers fabulous work while you are there!


I love my kids artwork, but I know I cannot save it all! This is my solution--take pictures of it! This layout was inspired by a layout my friend Kristen did awhile back. (She's a 2-page gal too!) The great thing about sketches is that you can flip them around anyway you want and get an entirely different look. I flipped this one upside down. I put my photos onto an 8x12 canvas in PSE and had them printed at Costco. Saved me a lot of time when I actually sat down to put together this layout. If you are unsure how to do photostrips in PSE, Kristen recently put together a great tutuorial.



This is our first year of homeschooling. Since I won't have the typical "meet your teacher" or "classmates" layouts, I wanted to document the different things we are studying this year. We learned all abuot bugs this month! The bugs are buttons with hand stitched legs.





Words cannot express how thanful I am to be married to this man. Here is my attempt. He is such an incredible dad to our three kids. I am one blessed girl.



These flowers are so fun and easy to make! I used my scallop circle punch and punched 8 flowers using double-sided paper. Stack all 8 flowers and poke a hole through the center. Insert a brad. Starting with the top layer, crinkle and fold each layer toward the center. Instant cute flower!



I cut this flower out of Jillibean's yummy Lentil Soup line.



Here's an idea of what to do with all of those beautiful scraps you have lurking around. Make a rainbow of color on your card! Inspired by a cool chic I know, Kinsey. I used a 5/8" circle punch for this card.



Another card with scraps of paper. This time I sewed a simple stitch to link them all together.





We are homeschooling our children and I thought this would be a fun home decor item to have hanging on the school room door. I picked this simple chalkboard up at Joann for less than $2.

Thanks for stopping by.
Check back tomorrow for Day 2 of Green Tangerines monthly kit! Have a great day!

1 comment:

Victoria S. said...

WOW! found your blog thru jillibean
thanks for the details on the cards and layouts
love thst layered flower and the circles cards! i can see why they picked you!
Warm regards, Victoria