Sunday, October 4, 2009

oatmeal raisin cookies

These are my favorite gluten-free, sugar-free cookies! I combined a few recipes until I got it just right. I don't feel guilty at all when I eat one . . . or two . . . or three! If you don't need to eat gluten-free, you can substitute the flour of your preference. If you want to try them with almond flour, Trader Joes sells "almond meal," which is the same thing. I use my homeade plain yogurt that is lactose-free, but if you aren't lactose sensitive, just use regular plain yogurt. If you make some, be sure and let me know if you like them!

oatmeal raisin cookies

2 eggs
3/4 cup honey
2 Tbsp. canola oil
3/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
1/2 cup sweet sorghum flour
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. cloves
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup raisins

Mix eggs, honey and oil until thickened. Add the yogurt and vanilla and beat again. Add the oats, flours, coconut, baking soda, spices and salt. Beat until well mixed. Stir in the raisins. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments: